Advice from some leading experts on how to build better connections with people.
Building Rapport with People
- People like people like themselves OR someone they want to be like
- Words account for only 7% of communication skills – need to use the 93% other communication skills to build rapport
- Style is more important than substance initially
- Matching & Mirroring: most effective way of building rapport
- Voice: Tone, volume & speed
- Terminology: same words, terminology
- Body: posture, gestures, facial expressions, proximity, touch
- Breath: breathing at the same pace
How to Speak so People want to Listen
7 Deadly Sins of Speaking
- 7 Deadly sins of speaking: Gossiping, Judging, Negativity, Complaining, Excuses, Exaggeration, Dogmatism
- HAIL: Honesty, Authenticity, Integrity, Love
- Vocal toolbox: Register (depth of voice), Timbre (how it sounds), Prosody (not being monotone), Pace, Silence, Pitch, Volume
6 Psychological Tricks to get People to Like You
- Compliment what people are working on
- Get people talking about what they love – Ask how do you like that? And What did you like about it?
- Share a truth to your detriment
- Body Language – keeping your body open
- Exceed expectations
- Be the first person to joke
Other Blog Posts on Personality
Top 5 Books to Help you Gain Influence
Do you wish to have more power and influence? These 5 books that can help supercharge the influence you have over others.
Top 5 Books to Increase your Power & Influence
Do you wish to be able to demonstrate greater personal power in your dealings with people, and have a greater degree of influence? These books will show you how.
Top 5 Books to help you Read People Better
Do you wish to learn how to learn what people are truly saying? Discover how to understand body language and other traits, to understand hidden non-verbal messages in the way people behave.
10 Timeless Style Rules for Men: Antonio Centeno
Antonio Centeno shares 10 timeless style rules for men to help them dress sharper.