The practice of Journaling (writing your thoughts into a diary on a daily basis) has been proven to be of tremendous value in helping you reach your goals, change behavior, clear your mind and deal with a range of negative issues. A simple daily habit, that can truly transform your life.
Just as breathing exercises help integrate body and mind, writing is a kind of psycho-neural muscular activity which helps bridge and integrate the conscious and subconscious minds. Writing distills, crystallizes, and clarifies thought and helps break the whole into parts.Stephen Covey – Author – 7 habits of Highly Effective People / The 8th Habit / First Things First
Benefits of journaling
- It’s a new beginning: fresh blank pages in front of you, helps you focus on how you want your life to unfold
- Digging deep: since it is your personal journal with no one to judge you, you can go into your deepest feelings. You may discover solutions while writing down that you had not realized existed earlier
- Learn more about yourself: will help you focus on positives, get perspective to your fears & negative thoughts, understand your strengths
- Break from current life situations: your journal is a blank slate … you can go to places you wish to go to
- Helps improve your health: by lowering your stress..
Journaling Guides are pretty useful to motivate and inspire you in your journaling practice. These are high quality journals that allow you to note down your thoughts, even as they inspire you to keep going on. We have put together a list of some of the top journals available on amazon
Videos on Journaling
Journal writing serves as an outlet where you can write down anything you want, and completely release all the pain, anger, sadness and other negative emotions inside you
Other concepts on Affirmations, Dealing With Issues, Goals
The law of attraction implicitly indicates that we live in a friendly universe. When we radiate a clear and focused desire to the universe, the universe is known to throw up situations that help you along the way. Believing in a friendly universe makes life a lot easier to navigate.
One you have settled upon your desired goal, it is essential that you create a clear plan, the provide you visibility of the steps that you need to take to help you achieve your goal. Planning how to reach your goal, is the immediate next step post your having established what your goals are.
Most people are only grateful when things go their way, and lose out on the powerful positive benefits of gratitude. By being grateful, you shift your energy, which shifts your thinking, actions and ultimately your results. Gratitude is a state of mind, not dependent on your external circumstances.
Visualizations are another form of affirmations, that focus on visuals (pictures and moving images) as compared to words, to reprogram your subconscious mind. Visualizations work due to the strong emotions that visuals create, that help in attracting our desired outcomes to us.